We are so lucky to have my sister Laura visiting us during the New Year. She will be attending a semester of school in DC. We picked her up on Weds from the airport. She had a crazy trip from Salt Lake to Dulles, but survived it all just fine. We headed straight for the outlets and got some great deals. Jack, who is doing great with potty training, had us running to the bathroom every five minutes. This is a bit of a challenge since none of the stores have bathrooms and you have to run from one end of the outdoor mall to the other. We finally battled the amazing wind back to the car for a trip home.
Jack had thrown up the night before (Tues night) which was a bit odd, but I didn't think much of it. During our Weds outing he threw up a bit more at lunch time. I thought he was just excited about finally getting to play in the play area at Chick-fil-A. After dinner, we enjoyed some sparkling cider and yummy homemade scones. Following tradition, we all went to bed well before midnight. However, I rang in the new year by cleaning up a second night of puke in Jack's room. This time, bits of scone were scattered about. Jack even asked if the red things were cranberries from the scones. After an hour of cleaning Jack, his bedding, and all his stuffed animals he insists on sleeping with, I finally made it back to bed.
New Year's day we spent doing errands and having lunch together. Laura, who gets car sick very easily, was having a rough time driving around our east coast roads. On the way home from one of our errands, she insisted I pull over several times. The final pull over (two minutes from our house) she also hurled up her breakfast (scones) in a plastic bag we had ready in preparation. I swear my scones are delicious and do not cause sickness!
Once home, we rested and finally took down the Christmas decorations.
All this said and done, I can say that the ringing in of 2009 will not be forgotten soon. As a very pregnant woman, my sense of smell is quite heightened, and I still have not been able to get the smells of the past two day out of my nose! My New Year's resolution...buy more cleaning supplies...maybe including a Bissell SpotBot!
Thursday, January 01, 2009
Hurling in the New Year!
Posted by
Jessica
at
6:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Awww I'm sorry to hear about all the mess... I'm sure you definitely wont forget 2009. I miss you guys tons! I can't wait to read more posts.
I need to send you my Madison's Mommy page too.
Oh my ... that does not sound like fun! As for the potty training (I would not know since I have not done it myself) but I met a lady that told me a really great idea and I even saw her do this....she brings one of those portable baby bjorn toilets with her in her car wherever she goes, and if her little one needs to go...she just whips it out, puts it on the ground outside and there they go!! Even in the cold! A bit crazy...but I might try it when its my time! Sure beats running around trying to find a bathroom! haha. :)
Man that is an exciting New Year!!! Let's just not make it a full on tradition. Poor Jack, I hate when kids throw up, it's just so sad!
Post a Comment