Monday, March 02, 2009

One Month!


We've made it to one month. I can't believe how fast time flies. Henry is a great little baby. He really only complains when he has a need (food, diaper, sleep, burp). He is starting to sleep longer stretches at night (at least one 3-4 hour block...I know not great, but good). He is still forming his sleeping/eating "routine". I know it takes time so I am trying to be patient. Honestly, I can't remember how it all worked out with Jack. I will have to go back and reread my notes.

Henry's face and body has started filling out a bit and almost looks like a different baby. He definitely has kept the blue eyes and light hair color, but he still very much looks like Jack's little brother. He is much more awake and alert now. He takes it all in. He loves to look around the room and out the windows. He has also started making some cooing like sounds from time to time. Henry loves his bath time. We get both the boys into our "steam room" and give them baths. Henry chills out completely while Jack splashes around like a wild child!

Life with two is definitely a bit more challenging, but doable. We've ventured out some and found it just takes more time and a lot more snacks! Jack has been a big help and seems to understand when we sit in the car to feed Henry or change a diaper. He loves his little brother and gives him the cutest head rubs.

2 comments:

Phoebe said...

What a cute little baby! I am glad to hear you are doing so well.

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm glad to hear you're feeling a little better. Henry is such a wonderful baby!