Saturday, July 11, 2009

got bananas?

Henry did a lot of growing up today. At lunch, he sipped water through a straw like a pro. He seemed to really like it too. At dinner, he had his first taste of real food....bananas! He loved them. They all went in and he could have eaten more. I had been putting it off for a few weeks now, even though he had been showing all the signs of being ready. I have a feeling Henry will be a great little eater. We will do bananas for awhile and then try avocados.


(Since this post, we have actually shifted gears on solid foods. We tried yellow summer squash and he loves it too. I guess he would eat most anything put in front of him. We are going to try green and orange veggies, fruits in season, then beans, and grains.)

Henry also tried out his new car seat. After our long trip to Michigan, he has been a little fussy about going in his infant carrier car seat. He must have some bad memories of the long drive. So, he is now sporting Jack's old Britax car seat and seems to be enjoying the rides so far. The only draw back, of course, is that if he falls asleep in the car, he might wake up when I have to get him out. Oh well. We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

No comments: