Friday, March 26, 2010

Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum

We took Jack and his buddy Liam for a preschool field trip to the Discovery Museum in Winchester, VA. It is a hidden treasure for kids young and old. They have everything there. Right as you walk in, the kids are greeted by the nicest staff and tons of things to grab their attention. Today, a paleontologist was there working on finding fossils in rocks! The entire place is filled with fun hands-on science things. The boys filled buckets with apples and used a pulley to hoist them up. They built towers out of blocks. They climbed on a beehive and explored a Native American Indian longhouse. Their favorite room was all about motion. They launched golf balls off ramps and tried to get them in buckets. Even Henry and his buddy Mason joined in the fun! If you haven't been, check it out! It is a great place to have in mind for a rainy day (or any day really)!

http://www.discoverymuseum.net/index.asp

3 comments:

Laura said...

I remember this place! This is the place with the awesome pulleys

Crystal said...

How fun!! We've got something similar at the Pacific Science Center. I'm just patiently waiting until Julia is old enough to appreciate it as much as I do!!

Marge said...

that sounds amazing - I think I'd even enjoy it.