Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Not my baby anymore

Henry has entered a new stage and I am not ready for it at all. Last week, I received an email from babycenter.com stating that my 16 month old is no longer a baby, but a full fledged toddler. Yikes! I was sad after reading this, but then realized it was true.

Henry is stretching his independent muscle. He wants to do things himself and be much more involved in everything. He also gets very upset when things don't go his way. When I've taken items away from him, he throws major tantrums and shows us how he really feels about the situation. I've had my hair pulled and my arm bit so far. Henry has been introduced to the time out step once before, but I can tell you he will be there more often if this is his new phase.

I remember Jack going through this phase. He actually started two months earlier, so I should be grateful. On top of this all, poor Henry is also teething. He molars are pushing through and they look painful. I know I need to be more patient with him during this time and try to remember all the tricks I used with Jack.

Some highlights of Henry at 16 months:
* his new words include psh (push), cycal/cacal (motorcycle), pup (up), dis (this), dat (that), bubble, go
* loves cars, tractors, and motorcycles
* goes absolutely crazy for strawberries
* loves being outside
* must carry a stick with him when outside
* has started to "ride" his bike
* does dishes with Dada
* likes to climb up on the stool to "help" cook
* says prayers
* adores his big brother Jack
* beginning to throw actual tantrums

Henry winding down from a full blown tantrum. You can kind of hear Jack mocking him in the background.




Henry saying our family dinner prayer. We love how he folds his arms.



Henry riding his bike in our driveway. He was making sounds like a car the whole time. Hilarious.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Gunner throws MAJOR tantrums and gives a wicked stink eye. Glad other babies do it to. His big thing is he likes to hit/slap. If I tell him no in a stern voice, boy I'd better watch out:)

Crystal said...

great preview for what's in store with Julia!