Wednesday, August 25, 2010

F is for fishing, feet, and fireworks

During late June, we had a visit from Uncle Jacob and Auntie Laura (and a very brief visit with Grammy, Uncle Christian, and Aunt Catherine). Jack was excited to have someone to go fishing with since we don't always get around to going. Uncle Jake was kind enough to take the boys and show them the ropes. Jack put on his own worm and did a great job of casting his rod. Henry made a few attempts as well. Nobody caught anything though. Sad, but we did go mid-day and we weren't the quietest bunch. The water was so low in the lake that Jack and Uncle Jacob could walk out a few feet off the shoreline. They were trying to chase down some kind of crayfish, but weren't able to catch it. It was a fun afternoon.

Let me explain about feet. When I finally downloaded these pictures, I came across a bunch of funny photos taken my Jack from the back seat of the car. I had a bunch of pictures of his feet, a few of the back of my head, and a few of Auntie Laura who was sitting back there with him. It made me laugh to find them mixed in with all our summer fun!





On the Fourth of July, we had a fun family BBQ and fireworks show. Komo Keyyong, Amber (her cute puppy), Uncle KeyHan, and Cousins Isaac and Alex, came over to celebrate with us. After a yummy meal, we all went out to the driveway to set off some fireworks. We started with sparklers. Jack had so much fun with Alex waving their arms around, drawing in the air. Once it got dark, we set off the bigger stuff. It was a pretty good show. Once we were out of fireworks, Kris and his brother and sister took the kids to watch the firework show at Franklin Park. I stayed at the house since Henry had already gone to bed. I will have to say, I think I got a better show. Not only did I see the fireworks from Franklin Park, but from my perch on the front porch I could see three other fireworks shows from around the area. It was very cool!

No comments: