Saturday, August 28, 2010

C is for caverns

We took a family trip to explore the caves at Skyline Caverns. We had originally planned to go to Lurray Caverns, but the road trip was getting to be a bit much for the boys (and the parents) so we chose the closer caves. We had a nice tour and saw some pretty neat stuff.


This picture captures it all. Jack excited about something and I'm scolding Henry for hitting.


This was a highlight for Henry. He loves trains!


These crystals are very rare and all over one part of this cavern. They are pretty neat.


This is my most favorite picture! Our very own Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn.


Cave creations.


Love Henry's face. He's not very happy to be in the backpack, but will deal for now. He had to touch the sides of the cave almost every minute.


Cheesy smile. Love it!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I could totaly tell from that picture that you were, in a very excellent, loving mother than you are sort of way, scolding Henry for hitting. Even before I read it! I could just see how patiently you were telling him not to hit and the way he was looking at you is funny. I was thinking, she is such a patient mom! So funny. Love your posts.

Crystal said...

Looks like you had a fun filled summer! Always love reading your updates. Give my love to Gak Gak and Henry!