Henry did it...and all by himself too! He went pee pee and poo poo in the toilet! On Thursday this last week, I had put Henry in his room for nap time and begun doing my nap time chores. I cleaned some dishes, sat on the couch, read some of my book and then talked on the phone with my mom. All good "mom needs a break" chores! I had been on the phone with my mom for about 10 minutes when Henry comes down stairs with no pants or diaper on. I ask him what's up and he says very proudly and matter of factly, "I went pee and poo poo on the toilet and Ninja our fish is dead." I said really, not caring so much about the fish, but very interested in the toilet message. (Side note: We on working on toilet training and its my least favorite part of raising children.) I wasn't sure how to react, nervous to see what the bathroom looks like or really excited that he did it all by himself. So I asked him to show me. He took my hand and walked me upstairs where he showed me, very proudly, that he had in fact, put all things liquid and solid in the toilet...successfully too! YEAH! All by himself! He had gotten out of his room and just went to the bathroom! Could this be the turning point? There is a light at the end of this long tunnel after all!
With this great success comes great celebration! He had been treated to an ice cream the first time he went poo poo in the toilet (with some help from mom) from our dear friend S. Sweeny. She is like our kids adopted Grandma. She took Henry to McDonalds for a special ice cream and Henry loved it! Since the first celebration was a hit, I told Henry that we would go for ice cream again! We were actually headed to the pool that afternoon with our neighbors, so we added our special ice cream treat to the end of our pool trip! Henry was one happy camper!
Wish I could report that it has stuck, but alas we are still changing stinky pants. But we are closer than we were last week!
Side note: Yes, our fish Ninja did die and we had a very unceremonial flush down the toilet for him!



3 comments:
Awwwwww yay Henry!!!
Gunner still has skids in his undies ALL THE TIME. I totally get it. Miss you.
Way to go, Henry! Maybe you can share some potty tips with Julia.
Post a Comment