Sunday, November 25, 2007

He's finally broken out!

The day after Thanksgiving Jack showed us just how big boy he really is now! I had put him down for a nap around his usual nap time and went to rest myself. About 30 minutes after putting him down we hear a thump. He usually has books with him in his crib that he throws out, but this thump sounded louder than books falling. I open the door to our room to go check on him and what do I find in the hall...Jack with his blankie! "I get out of my crib, I'm not sleeping"!!! No joke kid! Kris and I just look at him and then at each other. Do we laugh? Do we cry? I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, but I was not ready for this yet. I was trying to figure out how he did it. He had been sick for the past week and I had elevated on side of his mattress to help him sleep better. I could only assume that the side elevated had given him enough leverage to get his leg over the side. So out came the towels propping the one side up. After a show and a few more stories, we were ready to try again. I think he was tired enough by that point that we didn't see or hear from him for a few hours (his normal nap span). He hasn't done it since, but he often tries and talks about doing it. I guess the days of my baby in the crib is over. We are now into big boy bed territory!!

2 comments:

Natalie Que said...

Ahh! I dread this day! Good luck!

Megan said...

Hey Jessica..its Megan Petty!I saw your link on Courtney's blog! Your blog is so cute! That is such a funny story! I have heard there are these tent thingys you can put up around the crib so you can zip them in and they can't get out! Like a cage! Hahaha! Good luck though! :)