On October 17th Jack turned two. This was a big event for him. Weeks before he would go up to perfect strangers and tell them "my birthday is coming". We had a family birthday party this year...just the three of us. I loved it and so did Jack. He had his favorite dinner (chicken nuggets with ketchup) and requested green cake. He actually didn't eat any cake, but picked off the candy on top. He loved opening up his gifts. It was so different from his first birthday. He got really into it this year. I was a bit sad because it became very obvious to me that Jack is no longer my little baby, but my little boy.


At the beginning of Oct. my Mom, sister Catherine, and brother Christian came out to visit while Christian was attending a conference in DC. We had a great time touring the capital, visiting with family (Uncle Daves and Aunt Lauren), attending the Big Apple Circus (a family tradition), going to the Waterford Fair and meeting Aunt Pat, Uncle Jack, Cousin Jen, Anna and Cousin Catherine, and celebrating Jack's birthday early. He also enjoyed carving pumpkins (I think we ended up doing about four) and apple picking!






A new family fall adventure this year was to Cox Farm. It was a day full of slides! We watched how they milk cows and went on a pony ride. Jack loved it! He got a pumpkin at the end and was very thrilled to be able to make a jack o'lantern with Daddy.



Jack chose to be a zebra for Halloween (another big event Jack got very into). We had a practice run at our church trunk or treat a few days before Halloween. Jack had a blast playing on the bouncy castles in the gym, but the big highlight was going from trunk to trunk collecting candy. He is a huge lollipop kid. Loves them! On Halloween, Jack practiced the art of knocking on doors and saying "trick or treat". He practiced in the house with his Daddy right before going out. This ended up being very helpful. Jack got very into knocking and shouting at the top of his lungs "trick or treat". I would be laughing so hard when the door opened that I am sure our neighbors think I am a bit crazy, but I couldn't help it, Jack was just so serious about getting the trick or treat process correct! After returning home, Jack devoured five lollipops! He looked a bit gray/green after his last one!




This is one serious sugar comma!
Jack continues to make us laugh with his funny "Jack moment". Here are some of his latests:
I made green mac and cheese (mac and cheese with broccoli ground up in it) for dinner on Halloween. As I put it in front of him, Jack looked at me, very seriously, and says, "No broccoli". How the heck did he know?
I made some homemade ketchup (trying to sneak in some extra veggies) and gave it to Jack with is nuggets one night. Jack dipped and began eating. Then he stopped and looked at me. "I want my ketchup". Then Kris said he would try it and Jack said, "No dada" as if he was protecting his Dad from some terrible experience!
On Fridays we have a family lunch. We usually meet Dad at some restaurant near his work. I told Jack that we would be meeting Dad for lunch soon. Without hesitation, Jack began requesting his lunch order. "I want chips, guacamole, beans, and rice at potle (chipotle)". Hilarious, especially in his two year old voice. He loves it and completely finishes a huge bowl. Check him out in his car seat after his meal! That is one happy boy!

He requests "fretzels" for every meal. He loves to watch "Grommit and the dog" (Wallace and Grommit). He prays for church and that his nap is over (every prayer).
Thanks dear friend Hilary for helping Jack with his lovely locks!

Sunday, November 11, 2007
Turning two, trick or treating, and much more!
Posted by
Jessica
at
8:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Hey Jess! It was so fun to hear from you. I wasn't used to anyone posting on my blog site so I didn't even think to look at comments until another friend of mine told me of a comment she left. Then I said, oh!!! Jessica left me a message too...yay!!! Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how absolutely beautiful your little boy is and he looks exactly like you only very much like a boy. He also sounds extremely smart for his age. Those stories were all very funny. It was so good to see your family. Tell your mom I said hello and hopefully, I will see you someday soon. Love ya!!!! Mel
What an absolutely darling boy! I wish I was there to see it all.
Love that he prays for his nap to be over!
Wow, he's so tenacious and he's getting cuter and cuter everyday!
Post a Comment