So, I have been tagged by my dear friend Hilary. I now have to divulge some facts about myself. Here it goes!
1. I have been given the nickname of "sleep Nazi" by various friends and family. I will admit I am pretty strict about naps and bedtimes (not so much mine, but Jack's). The time may shift a bit, but he will take a rest in the afternoon and then bedtime at about 7pm. I must say that Jack is a pretty good sleeper. He does get up early, but I'm a morning person and don't really mind so much. A big reason for the early bedtime and afternoon nap is so I get some time to myself and with my hubby. I know...so selfish. I can't tell you how much I love tucking Jack into bed with all his stuffed animals and then enjoying a good book in a nice warm bubble bath or watching Ellen with a good cup of hot chocolate!
2. I am a planner. I have three calendars and can't seem to keep any of them straight. I still double book myself and forget things all the time. One calendar stays with me all the time. One is online so Kris and I can keep track of our stuff together. The last one is a white board in the kitchen which basically is my menu planner. But I must say, I do love a calendar filled with things to do: play dates, trips to the library, sports classes, grocery shopping, etc.
3. I love to drive. I absolutely love my car (Honda Pilot) and enjoy traveling around in it. I love exploring new neighborhoods, cities, and towns. Part of me enjoys getting lost so that I can find my way back. I have found so many short cuts and new ways to get places when I get lost. When Jack was an infant I spent many hours a day driving around trying to get him to sleep. He loves a good car ride too!
4. I hate bathroom duty!!! I can't stand cleaning the bathroom. I don't know anyone who really does. I must admit I don't do it as often as I should...maybe only a few (ok two) times a month (or more if really needed). I won't let it get gross, but it surely isn't clean and shiny every day. I have to gear myself up to do it every time. I have even called my Mom while cleaning the tub so she can distract me from what I am doing. I actually clean faster and better when I call her. While we were overseas we had a lady clean our small apartment everyday (it was part of the whole deal-nice, eh?). I must admit I kind of missed doing dishes and vacuuming, but I did not miss cleaning the bathrooms!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Let the Blog Games begin!
Posted by
Jessica
at
2:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sooo fun!! I love to learn new things! I think I knew most of those, other than the bathroom one. I am totally with you on the sleep nazi thing, I am a self proclaimed nazi in that aspect, I need my time and they need their sleep!
I'm a total sleep Nazi too w/ Sage's naps and bedtimes. It is the only thing that keeps me half way sane. Unless something really goes wrong, I won't miss Sage's nap or bedtime by more than about 20 min! It is just too important. :)
Post a Comment