On Wednesday, Jack and I were cleaning the house and doing some packing. He was being really good, but definitely had some energy he needed to get rid of. I told him we would go the library and then the play ground. We had a great time choosing books and movies at the library, something Jack has really gotten into these days. So off to the playground we went. Jack decided to go to "Dinosaur" play ground (there is a picture of a dinosaur, mammoth, and caveman on the side of the one of the play ground equipment). He played for about 25 minutes or so, up and down slides, running here and there. His favorite thing is to drive the fire truck located in the middle of the play ground. Recently he hasn't liked me standing so close to him so I was giving a bit of space (not much to be honest, but enough not to see what happened next). I saw him fall down (nothing unusual), but then it was followed by loud crying (not so normal). I rushed over and tried to figure out what was hurt. He was touching his head so I started my inspection. I finally realized it was his ear. His earlobe had a deep cut on it. I grabbed him and rushed to the car, not really inspecting the scene of the accident. The only thing that came to mind was "I have a first aid kit in my car with a band-aid". So after bandaging his ear I rushed to his Dr.'s office. By this time he had stopped crying and asked where we were going. I told him and he seemed fine with the idea. The Dr. told me to take him to the ER. Jack didn't really like all the talk about the hospital until he made the connection that Curious George went to the hospital when he ate a puzzle piece. Thank goodness for Curious George. Jack was a stud the whole time. Very calm, compared to his mother! He didn't like the numbing cream they put on his ear and really didn't like lying down while the Dr. put in three stitches, but for the most part he did great. After the Dr. was done, Jack asked if we could go to the play ground again. Funny kid! He even asked if the nurse could come to "Old McDonald's" with us for lunch! Gotta love him!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
First trip to the ER
Posted by
Jessica
at
8:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Poor little Jack!! And then you had to go to my crazy house to help my single dad husband!! You are truly the best. What would I do without you! I can't wait to hear all the details about the stitches. Give Jack a hug for me! I will see you guys soon!
wow...I am glad that he is Ok...Were you scared? Now I have a baby too, I feel like It happened to me. I should have a first aid kid in my car.
Jeshika, come see my new blog when you get a minute. I miss you!
Insun
Sounds like you both did great! I am sure I will be the hesteric type when our little guy does something. I am sure he will get into something soon enough. Sounds like life is good these days, when do you move into your new house?
What a brave little guy our Jack is! And Mommy held up well, too! Thank goodness for Curious George! Love, G'ma Lee
Post a Comment