Saturday, April 19, 2008

Our first week in the house

We've made it through the week. We have had a ton of contractors in and out of the house fixing this and that. The GE guy was here this morning and I still have no working oven. I am getting very creative with regard to my dinner menu. I finally just got a kitchen aid mixer and told Jack that when we got it we would make chocolate chip cookies. Now with no oven at the moment, cookies have been put on the back burner. Jack is upset, to say the least, but he will survive!

Kris has built and put up every piece of furniture we've bought. He is a super wiz with an allen wrench! I appreciate that he took off the week to help get the house in order. The house is looking more like our home every day, but we still have a little more to do until I show pictures!

Jack has been a big help too. He has been at Kris's side with his tools trying to help put things together. He put his big boy bed together and is super proud about it. He has also been helping me water our new fruit trees. He loves to carry the bucket of water and has learned to stand to the side while filling the bucket with water!

5 comments:

Nate Insun Olivia & Sophie said...

Congratulation!!!
The house is BIG!!!
Make sure that you guys have to have our room when we get there. ^^
I am so happy for you.. I want to see inside of house too. When you get ready, take more pictures and let me see.

Courtney said...

I'm glad everything is coming together so well... Your house is so beautiful!

Hilary said...

We are so happy that you guys are IN! It was so fun to come over and see the finished product. It is beautiful to say the least and the views are absolutely amazing!!! We can't wait to come again.

Anonymous said...

What a place you have! And the countryside is so relaxing to drive through! I have so much fun with Jack whenever I go over to his 'holy cow' house. Love, G'ma Lee

Phoebe said...

So fabulous! Can't wait for the pictures.