Jack has been super excited about "july" all week. He has been asking constantly if we are going to "july" and inquiring about "july's birthday party". He informed us that he was going to "july and see fireworks."
Finally, the day arrived. We enjoyed a yummy red, white, and blue crepe breakfast. We spent the morning playing around the house together and enjoying some well deserved relaxation. At noon, we met up with some friends at the Purcellville Parade. Jack loved it. There were lots of fire trucks and candy! He sat on the curb so nicely and waited until the candy came directly to him. We had to tell him it was ok to pick up the pieces that fell just to the left or right of him. We had a nice BBQ dinner and enjoyed some sparklers and small fireworks at home. We stayed up late and watch the town fireworks, which Jack loved! He said, "the big ones look like porcupines with stars on the ends!" What a funny kid! He is very excited for next year and is already planning on another candy parade!






Friday, July 04, 2008
Happy Fourth of July
Posted by
Jessica
at
7:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Purcellville's parade looks way more exciting than Leesburgs. Maybe next year we will have to drive out there for the 4th.
Love the cute cake and your fab hair cut! I can't believe how big Jack is. When Owen was Jack's age, he would fall asleep at his door all the time. Maybe it is the fear of actually crawling out. Living on the edge! I love it!
Jessie, I'm glad you put the pictures up of the parade and Jack's fourth of July experience. It looked like you all had fun! Purcellville is such a great town! Next year I'll definitely be there. By the way, I loved the picture of the patriotic cake! You are so creative.
Wow, what a fun time you all had. I missed the fireworks because I was working but I really enjoyed seeing Jack have such a good time!
Post a Comment