One of Jack's most beloved stuff animals is Mordecai, his green sea turtle. Because he is a puppet stuffed animal, Jack likes to play with him in more human-like ways. For the last few months, as soon as he wakes up in the morning, he asks me to put on Mordecai. Jack has full on conversations with Mordecai. He asks him about his sleep and what he wants for breakfast. As I am playing the role of Mordecai, I must change my voice to fit this character. I am often chastised for not having the right voice for Mordecai. It can be a bit tricky switching back and forth from Mom to sea turtle, but it can be so fun too. The things Jack discusses with Mordecai are hilarious at times. This puppet show lasts about 10-15 minutes each morning and then fades away. Sometimes Mordecai comes to life during other times of the day too, but not often. With Jack's little brother due in a few weeks, I am wondering how I will be able to keep this all up. Two boys and sea turtle might be a bit much to handle, but it is just too cute!
Side note: The sea turtle Mordecai got his name from a Veggie Tale episode that Jack likes.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Mordecai
Posted by
Jessica
at
8:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Sure you can keep it up!! You'll just have that baby on your hip while screaming out the sea turtle voice over the screaming baby.
I am in the middle of still hoping I can keep up. Luckily my little guy is only hard at night after Sophie has gone to bed. But Jack is older and probably listens to you, so I wouldn't be worried!!!
You'll be fine. Just train Jack to be Mordecai for the new baby!
YOu are such a cute mom! I wish I was something cute like a sea turtle....I just turn into "big scary mommy" :)
I'm so excited for you guys. I can't believe you're due in just a couple weeks! I hope you had a nice baby shower.
Post a Comment