Henry has grown a ton this last month. His "crawling" is getting better and he loves to reach for toys around him. He pulls himself along the floor with his hands and pushes off with his toes. He has even started to pull himself up a bit. I found him holding on to the side of the toy basket the other day. I don't think I am ready for this!
His biggest accomplishment is sleeping through the night. After a few nights of training, he goes to bed at 7ish and gets up again at 5/5:30ish. What a big boy! He naps better during the day now too. He is almost at the point where he doesn't really want to nurse before napping anymore. (this kind of makes me sad though). He has his bottom two teeth and is now working on his top four. They all seem to want to come in at once. It is taking way too long though. Three have cut through and seem to be stuck there.
He loves all kinds of new foods. He has added rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, watermelon, cantaloupe, beets, lentils, plums, apricots, and dried mangos to his menu.
Henry has also started "speaking". I guess he feels he has to keep up with his big brother. He started with "ah?" sounds and then moved to "ba". He has also started saying "da". I am not sure we can make it his first official word, but it is very close. Henry also loves to shake his head yes and no. He understands the baby sign for more, eat, and all done too.
Henry is a very happy baby. He is calm and content almost all the time. He loves interacting with his brother and other people. We love this kid!
Saturday, September 26, 2009
8 months
Posted by
Jessica
at
10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What a calm, smart baby!
Post a Comment