Wednesday, September 01, 2010

The ABC's of Summer 2010

The ABC's of Summer was not my idea, but one borrowed from other great mothers. I thought I would really put some effort in this summer and try to create or find something to do for each letter of the alphabet. Some letters were easier than others to achieve and some were a stretch. You'll notice that some letters and activities were combined and some have no photographic evidence, but did occur. The list below was our guide sheet. I will explain more in depth about each letter in posts to come.

A-applesauce
B-bubbles, brother
C-caves at Skyline Caverns
D-donuts at the fair
E-Eagle Tree Farm (blueberry picking)
F-fishing
G-Great Country Farm
H-Hershey Park, PA
I-ice cream making
J-jumping at Sport Bounce
K-kiss (as in Hershey Kiss)
L-library, Loudoun County Fair
M-museum (National History Museum in DC)
N-naps
O-"oreos" (Trader JOes JOe JOe cOOkies)
P-pool, Port Discovery
Q-quiet times
R-railroad (Old Town Manassas)
S-sandy beach (Cunningham Falls State Park)
T-tent, tennis
U-unbelievably silly faces
V-visitor center at the DC Temple
W-work, window cleaning
X-pictures of x's
Y-yard work
Z-zoo (National Zoo in DC-actually hasn't happened yet, but will have by the time I get around to posting all the other letters)

2 comments:

Emily said...

You're a fabulous mom, Jess. And your boys couldn't be cutier

Penny said...

I didn't know that you did this. I need to be a better blog reader.

Love your ideas and I will definitely be stealing some of these one day.