We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving at our house this year. Kris's sister, brother, and nephews came over for dinner. We spent the day making yummy food, watching the Macy's day parade, napping, and visiting with each other. The day before Keyyong came over and made pies with us. They turned out great. The food was yummy and we all had our fill!
The next day Kris, the boys, and I headed south to Williamsburg. We visited with Uncle Ricky and his daughter, Lexi. We haven't seen them in such a long time so it was great to finally catch up with them. We all took a nice walk near the shore and then watch Beauty and the Beast. Jack was thrilled because he had been wanting to see that movie. We met up again for dinner. Henry wasn't looking quite right and made it know that he wasn't feeling well. I took him back to our hotel to clean the both of us up and then returned to finish dinner. Very memorable!
The next day we headed to Colonial Williamsburg. I think I was more excited than anyone else. The boys went through the hedge maze behind the Governer's Mansion, which was part of a really neat garden. We visited many houses and stores and enjoyed watching people dressed up walking the streets.
Henry thought the horses and carriages were pretty cool and even though he wasn't feeling well, he made sure to point out each one he saw.
(This horse was so excited to see Jack. He came right up and gave him a kiss!)
Jack's favorite stop was the magazine. This is where all the artillery was kept. The man inside gave lots of good information and Jack really learned a lot. We also visited the weavers, the post office, the gardens, the shoemaker, the seamstress, and the blacksmith.
(These men were making shingles for a house they were building.)
This house caught my attention. I thought it was an odd place to store a ladder.
My favorite thing at Williamsburg was the decorations, specifically, the wreaths. They were all different and extremely creative. I loved the ones that used oyster shells. So clever. I was so glad we were able to make the trip as a family when Williamsburg was all decorated for the holidays.
(This one used playing cards! What a good idea!)
We definitely tired the boys out, which made the trip home very quite and pleasant!
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Thanksgiving 2010
Posted by
Jessica
at
4:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment